Wednesday 12 May 2010

+ Transparent sequences of space


It was done by a double-mirrored perspex and a projector. I was trying to set up a glass table and project some videos from Stowe Garden, but when I set up the projector at the bottom of the table and capture it from above, camcorder captured just the projector itself. Nothing occurred on the glass, because it is transparent. A matte surface also didn't work, worked but it is like reflecting it to the wall, not special. Then I found a material, double-mirrored perspex, it is double mirrored and transparent at the same time. However, when I set up the system I disappointed, nothing appeared on the surface again, because it is transparent, as well. But reflecting speciality of the mirror helped me to use the same scenario as 2 scenarios. Different positions of it might constitute different compositions. Now, I am trying to design, present a guidance system with this matte, and double mirrored transparent material and projector. I am planning to design a scene, draw it as 2d, and print it on this transparent double mirrored surface in laser cutter. Then, give some colour with gouache or ink. And project 2 video to this surface...