Wednesday 6 January 2010

1) Questions - After Crit / Feedback


In crit I was told that I need to correlate, embed the work in a more specific context.
Now I am trying to create more realistic space with adding some elements to space. Like sound and objects. Maybe I could use some elements and experience from the Air Street and Lavender Hill... I am not sure.
I was trying to create a virtual landscape which can record human behaviour and experience of space which is not static.
I am looking for this codes which is archiving in time and its transmission to another landscape.
I have looked the idea of belonging, simulacra&simulation, Sheldrake's morphic resonance and Stephan Perella's Hypersurface Architecture...
------------
My questions: I am using morphic resonance as scientific reference of my work. But i couldn't find its exact proof. I mean, how I can explain it logically, for example like nanotechnology. ok, there are some experiments but not materially, how can I use this to work a system.
Can I say that as using a reference of this theory:
"When a new chemical compound is first created it will crystallize slowly, but when other researchers repeat the experiment they find it occurs more quickly." So, memory is inherent in nature (Sheldrake). I am designing my project in the real world between abstract and concrete and my idea is to create a nature from the nature i.e. the forms in nature are created by the memories which includes habits and human behaviours. Behaviours and habits of human which form the nature over the time are the concrete in this space.
What should be the limit of sci-fi in AVATAR projects? How can this project respond architecturally? I am talking about habits and because of that it is obviously architectural for me. But, we are asked that `what is your architecture`. And I am confused about methods. For example if I use impressionism in my work, it is one of the tactic. But what is my method here? Maybe I know the answer, but because of I am confused about the definition of `method` in AVATAR projects I stopped at this point at my work. For example we were thought some methods such as analogical method, gestural translation method at the beginning of the term. But can they be a method of AVATAR projects? Can `Creating a digital language` be the method of this work?